Thursday, March 10, 2005

Steroids, Congress and baseball

I tried to post earlier today, but either my network or Blogger was acting up.

I don't want to get political here, but aren't there more important issues both domestically and internationally that Congress should be concerned about? Apparently they've gotten tired worrying about what we see and hear, so now Senators need something else to get their names in the paper.

Like most folks, the absence of Barry Bonds in these hearings seems rather odd. The excuse that it has to do with the Grand Jury procedure may be true, but you have to wonder.

It may be of passing interest to see what sort of deal MLB can make. They find themselves in a no-win situation as I see it. If they fight this thing it will look like they have something to hide, than on the other hand they can't know exactly what the players called may say. Will they all take the Fifth or start "naming names?"

I'm going to follow this somewhat, but I really just want to enjoy the season.

No comments: