Thursday, September 13, 2007

For Leah. Thanks, Peter!

In that Other Life, I had the opportunity to meet and befriend some really wonderful folks. I sadly have lost touch with many of them, not totally through faults of their's.

Anyway, when I get each issue of Comics Buyer's Guide I don't skim the whole issue, but read it from cover to cover. This always saves Peter David's BUT I DIGRESS column for one of the last items I see. Due to this I was not aware that Peter had written about Leah Adezio's passing. I also did not know that he had written a SPIDER-MAN story inspired by her.

Since, as I've said, I don't read many new comics anymore I forget just how good a writer Peter is and how he can move me as a reader. Even if I hadn't known Leah I would have been touched by both the story of his last moments with her and the comic story. Leah would have loved the story and I'm sure her sons loved reading it.

Thanks again, Peter!

2 comments:

Elayne said...

I could have sworn I mentioned Peter's Leah story on my blog. Colleen called me to tell me she'd gotten the assignment to do the art on it. Also, pick up the most recent issue of Aquaman, which also pays tribute to Leah (thanks to Laura Gjovaag's efforts).

Steve Chaput said...

You may very well have posted that, but it may have slipped my mind.

I just wanted to acknowledge the column and let folks know it was out there.