Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Cracked Up!

I had heard that new publishers were going to re-start the humor magazine CRACKED, but until today's METRO I didn't know much more about it. There is a story in the daily paper interviewing the new publisher on what he and his staff may have planned. They have set up a website (which you can check out via the link on the side, or clicking on the headline above) and will be publishing the first print issue this coming January.

I haven't had a chance to really check out the online version, but I'm going to wish them luck.

When I was a kid, CRACKED was always my second choice if I had extra money after buying my comics. Naturally, I would try and pick up the latest issue of MAD, but if I already had it I'd check out CRACKED. It seems as if they are going to try for a more mature audience, according to the article, aiming at folks who used to read the NATIONAL LAMPOON or SPY.

I'll probably have more to say once I've checked out the site more.

No comments: