Thursday, April 28, 2005

Free Comic Book Day!

This coming May 7 will be the fourth annual Free Comic Book Day. Many participating retailers have announced events around the country with special sales, signings, and other activities designed to appeal to comics fans and attract new readers to stores. This reminder brought to you from the fine folks at the Comics Buyer's Guide.

The headline above will link you to the Free Comic Book Day site, where you'll find more information including some of the comics being made available. I didn't have a chance to visit any of the shops last year, but I'm going to try this time.

The first year of the event the shop I was going to really did a great job and I walked away with a nice haul. By 2003 the same shop barely acknowledged the event and less then a half dozen titles to hand out. I'm not sure what I'll be doing that Saturday, but there are a few shops in the area I might check out.

If you are a comic fan or just want to see some of what is available you should check the website for a list of nearby shops.

No comments: