Monday, April 25, 2005

Weekend wrapup!

I had to work this past Saturday at the Library, but it wasn't a total loss. We had a program on "Urban & Traditional Georgian Music" which I was fortunate enough to monitor. The group was absolutely amazing and I found myself enjoying it a lot more than I would have thought.

Both the Red Sox and the Mets are doing very well so far this season. Also the Yankees are appearing a bit shaky, so I couldn't be happier.

Speaking of happy, I think that I and other Xena fans were delighted to see Lucy Lawless last evening in the CBS made-for-TV feature LOCUSTS. Personally, my favorite part was probably in the first fifteen minutes when we saw the ex-Warrior Princess drop her robe to reveal bra and panties. Yeah, I know it's wrong of me to say that, but I'm trying for honesty here! :-)

Seriously, LOCUSTS was a combination the "nature goes wild" and "man perverts nature" type of thing which fills the weekends over on SCI-FI. Personally, I love that type of thing and can happily sit through the absolute worst garbage. Poor Mike Farrel had barely fifteen minutes of screen time, playing Lawless' father, with Dylan Neal (of DAWSON'S CREEK fame) playing her romantic interest.

The bad guys in this one turn out to be a group in the Defense Dept. and Homeland Security actually saves the day. I was wondering what they were doing with the billions they've been budgeted.

I'm really curious what the budget for this thing was and why CBS decided to put it up. As I say the folks over at SCI-FI run hours of this type of thing, but generally don't have name actors. Then again are either Lawless or Farrell really 'names' any longer?

No comments: