Monday, April 10, 2017

Book Review - Ambassador of the Shadows (Valeian & Laureline series)


I wanted to like this book more, but really found it more confusing than fun. Originally published in 1975, maybe I've just seen so much that similar that this has lost the charm it once had. It seems that a Valerian & Laureline film will be released later this year, and the trailers look pretty cool. If it's successful I'm sure that the graphic novel series will be doing quite well.

In a distant time and space, 'spatio-temporal' agents Valerian, the clean cut hero, and Laureline, his beautiful assistant (and really the brains of the operation) move through time and space as the only humans in a very, alien environment. A mix of Barbarella and pulpish space opera, it's amusing and maybe in a better frame of mind I'd have enjoyed it more.





https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/2965629-steve-chaput"> all my reviews

No comments: