Thursday, January 05, 2006

Getting ready for the cruise

I've learned from past cruises (and years in the Navy) that it's best to plan your travels ahead of time. Donna and I spent part of yesterday doing some shopping for clothes and incidentals we'll be bringing along with us. We only have ten days left until the cruise, but we'll be flying down to Tampa the day before. I'm going to be bringing up our suitcases tonight after work to let them air out and then we can start packing some of the stuff (bathing suits, toiletries, etc.) we won't be needing until we're actually aboard the Carnival Miracle on Sunday.

I probably won't log in during the cruise, since I'm pretty cheap and Carnival charges a few bucks for even the shortest computer time. What I plan on doing is writing a short journal beginning the Saturday before (1/14) when we fly down and keeping track of some of the things we do. I'll then write it up and post it when I get back. The best part is that you can read it or ignore it depending on how you feel about this sort of thing.

No comments: