Sunday, November 06, 2022

Changing my buying habits

 Going to have to update the Pull Lists in both the shops I use. I seem to have had dupes turn up on a couple of titles and been reminded by Nuclear Comics that I have titles on my list that have stopped being published a while ago. In both shops there are titles where I'm the only one picking up a particular title. The shop will sometimes pick up a second copy to put in their Back Issue bins.


Also, finally admitted that I'm buying a number of titles out of habit and not really for the enjoyment. There are some books where I have 4-5 back issues I haven't read, as I keep picking up new #1s and reading them before any of the older books.

With that in mind it might just be time to drop the monthly titles and just wait for the TPB collections, since I'm not reading them right off the bat (no pun). There are a couple of comics podcasts I listen to that review the books and I should start making a list.

Btw, it's interesting to see how an independent shop choses titles and publishers, over one that's owned by a larger company and just hires local management. I find it fascinating that the independent shop will have relatively unknown writers & artists come in for signings and take a chance on them, while the franchise shop can get the better known creators in and fill their shelves with mostly the Big Publishers.

That's it for now. 



No comments: