Sunday, October 08, 2006

So much for that Subway series, huh?

While there wasn't a lot of joy this post-season for me as a Red Sox fan, it is great to see the Mets doing so well. I know that Donna, Fran and Donna's Aunt Marge couldn't be happier. Also, my friend Sue Raboy and my ex will be delighted I'm sure.

For me, of course, the icing on the cake was seeing the Damned Yankees once again fall short after the season ended. There won't be many tears shed west of Queens on that account. :-)

I think a Detroit/New York series would be pretty interesting myself, but we still have to see the Mets through one more NCS. Fingers crossed for Willie's boys!

1 comment:

Elayne said...

Hey, your ex would have wanted to see a Subway Series again. :)

I think it's going to be the Mets vs. the A's. Oakland is primed to mop the floor with the Tigers, I don't think they'll prevail.