Saturday, February 18, 2023

Popcorn for One: Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (2023)

 Saw Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (2023) today. I think the magic is gone from the MCU, not that the film was bad, but it didn't excite me like so many of the earlier films did.


Scott, Hope, Hank, Janet, and Cassie are drawn into the Quantum realm then Cassie activates a beacon that she and Hank had hoped to use to map the dimension. We learn what happened to Janet during the thirty years she was trapped there and how she met Kang. Now the ruler of the dimension, Kang needs Scott to aid him in escaping.

For me, the first two Ant-Man films were novel in that they dealt with smaller events, with the characters active in our world. While there were some amazing effects and exciting battles, it felt like it was too grand for the characters we got to know in the previous films.

The movie wasn't boring, but it just didn't pull me in except for a few scenes. I watched the film in regular 2-D, and don't feel I missed much.

There is a mid-credit scene, that I think you'd need to be a real Marvel fan of the old school to be excited by when two characters, really capture the look of the Kirby style. The end-credit scene is more of a teaser of an upcoming Marvel/Disney + series.



No comments: