Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Popcorn for One Movie Review - Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

 Black Panther: Wakanda Forever was a good film and a fitting tribute to the late Chadwick Boseman.

It was nice to see so many of the original cast return and a couple of surprise cameos. Interesting to see someone used in the Marvel TV shows appear again in a bigger role. Also, one was a big surprise and I had not heard rumors of it. The introduction of Iron Heart was nicely done, especially with a series of her own announced. There is a bit of a flashback/homage to the first Iron Man film in one scene.

I wasn't sure if I was going to like how Namor was used in the film, but I thought he was given a solid backstory, as was his race. They even state that he is a mutant, the first time I think this term is used in an MCU film. Of course, folks are going to nitpick certain things, since fans can never be happy about anything.

There is one mid-credit scene that I was delighted to see and was again a nice tribute. 


No comments: