Monday, January 16, 2023

Remote Viewing: Pressure Cooker on Netflix

 After a recommendation from family (thanks to Brandenn Chaffee), I checked out Pressure Cooker, a new cooking/reality show over on Netflix. I binged the eight episodes the past two days.


No celebrity chefs or judges in this one. Eleven professional chefs move in over a matter of a couple of weeks living together and competing. Except for two of the meals (one for family members and one for food critics), the chefs are judged by each other. Voting one chef off after tasting the meals. Unlike Master Chef Australia, where the competitors have to face the person they are voting off, here the ballots are secret until the final meal.

I was surprised how some of these folks lied and betrayed each other as the series went on. Alliances were made in one episode and the backstabbing began in the next. In that way, it reminded me of Hell's Kitchen.

Can't say I ever learn anything from these shows, even though they deal with cooking. I've only seen MC Australia do episodes, where they have the two chefs, create several dishes, often including a cocktail and dessert, step by step in a "master class".

I'd like to see this picked up for further seasons. 

No comments: